Sunshine Coast Council and Unitywater Beach Clean Up for Schools
The Sunshine Coast Council and Unitywater Beach Clean Up for Schools is on again - and Reef Check Australia will be there!
Last year almost 200 students helped remove more than 5,000 pieces of litter from Sunshine Coast beaches in just one hour!
This year, Unitywater are again sponsoring this event and it looks to be bigger than ever. So why not come along and join the Reef Check volunteer team on that day?!
Without the help of volunteers, this fabulous event would not be able to happen, or run smoothly, for our local students and teachers.
Your duties on the day may include:
- Arrive at the allocated beach site before school arrives
- Assist adults to complete paperwork for site sign in (adults only sign in – with number of students recorded)
- Assist teacher with clean up briefing and directions before heading out
- Assist with collection of hazardous sharps in sharps container, and recording details of any large/bulky items to advise Council for removal
- Assist teacher to call students in at end of clean up
- Complete highlighted details on top of AMDI data sheet
- Collate bags and paperwork and bring to La Balsa Park, or wait for collection by other volunteer
- Assist school with completing their litter sort
- Have fun!
Volunteers will be required to have a working with children blue card.
If you are able to join our team us at this event, please email Rory for more details.