Magnetic Island Seaside Scavenge
Reef Check Australia are back on the Scavenge wagon, hosting the third Maggie Island clean-up clothes swap event!
Considering Australians burn through 4 billion light weight plastic bags a year (that's 170 bags per person!) almost none of which are being recycled... inevitably there is a lot that slips through the cracks or, in this case, catches the currents out to sea.
If you missed us last year, 115+kg of trash was picked up around the island! And we plan to do the same this year. Here's how we Scavenge:
1. Donate your QUALITY pre-loved clothes, books, toys and more (before the event) - read event posts to find drop-off location
2. Come down on the day to register for the clean-up
3. Pick up litter from the beach, park and creek
4. Sort & catalogue litter in the Sorting Station
5. Receive 1 Trash Token for every 10 pieces of litter collected
6. Exchange tokens in our funky pop-up, pre-loved market
7. Lap up live local tunes, connect with local green groups & learn how to skip plastics all together
So RSVP now at our Facebook Event page and we'll see you there!