Reef Check’s E-News
There is an urgent need to increase public understanding of actions they can take to protect coral reefs. Reef Check is striving to empower volunteers to take meaningful action on reef health issues.
Healthy and sustainable coral reefs supported by an engaged and informed public.
To promote healthy coral reefs through scientific research, community education and marine conservation.
1. Empowering and engaging the community in coral reef conservation and decision-making.
2. Collaborating and cooperating with other partners to achieve our vision.
3. Maximising stakeholder benefits with minimal cost.
4. Acting with professionalism and integrity at all times.
5. Aspiring to excellence and striving for innovation in all our activities.
1) To generate and publish select coral reef data that is highly valued by scientists and Natural Resource Mangers on local, national and international scales.
2) To provide access to select reef health data that is approachable and engaging to the general public.
3) To generate and distribute select reef health data that is useful for tourism partners.
4) To create meaningful opportunities for the public to engage in coral reef conservation.
5) To help the public understand the value of coral ecosystems and threats to reef health.
6) To produce high-quality educational and public awareness programs that catalyse behaviour change and promote sustainable practices that help to protect our marine environment.
7) To enhance Reef Check Australia's credibility, promote our reputation nationwide.
8) To progress towards a position of financial sustainability.
9) To facilitate collaborative partnerships that support and reinforce the Reef Check Australia vision.