Reef IQ? Play our new game
Reef Check's E-News
Reef Check Membership
Join the Reef Check Australia family. Sign up as a member (FREE) to participate in RCA programs.
How does your gift help?
Your donation directly funds our citizen science, education and conservation programs (Check out our 2016 Year in Review to learn more). Our top priorities for 2017 include:
- Building a Queensland-wide Reef Ambassador program to inspire more reef champions
- Enhancing our capacity building programs through online training and volunteering systems to boost our on-ground activities
- Ongoing reef health surveys at priority monitoring locations
- New partnerships for increased community engagement in reef health monitoring activities
Our reefs are in trouble. The good news is that while people are causing reef decline, we also hold the solutions. Everyday, we choose optimism, empowerment and action. That's why we do what we do. You can help.
RCA programs are overseen by a small, incredibly committed staff with the goal to support an amazing network of volunteers who want to change the world (starting with their local community) for the better. We're talking some seriously inspiring people. Your donations help make that happen.
Funds raised help people help reefs through our three core program activities:
- Inspiring reef-minded people: We connect people with reef science by providing an unbiased source of accessible, meaningful and accurate information about reef health.
- Engaging volunteers in reef health monitoring: We foster best-practice reef citizen science programs by providing our volunteers with the training, resources and networks to collect and share globally-standardised reef health data for science and management.
- Empowering local conservation action for the Reef: We create opportunities for people and communities to identify how they can help tackle reef health issues with local on-ground action through knowledge, tools, resources and support
1. We are committed to ethical and professional fundraising practices that benefit people and the planet.
2. We honour the time, trust and contributions of our supporters.
3. Donated funds are used to support our mission (at least 85% of funding goes straight back to program.
4. We will keep your information confidential, unless you wish acknowledgement and recognition for donations.
5. You can access Reef Check annual financial statements and other documents on the website or by request.
6. We will aim to provide prompt and truthful answers about our finances and governance.
7. Our staff act with the greatest transparency, integrity and discernment in implementing Reef Cheek's mission for the best interests of the community.
Reef Check Australia (Reef Check Foundation Ltd) is a registered Environmental Organisation and Australian Charity with tax deductible gift recipient status. ABN: 46 108 200 933
More than money
Want to help but not sure about handing over your hard-earned cash? Time is money too. Volunteers are the core of our organisation and we're always appreciative of your valuable skills and efforts! Find out about how you can help.
Reef Check finances
Please contact us for audited financial statements.