Reef IQ? Play our new game
Reef Check's E-News
Reef Check Membership
Join the Reef Check Australia family. Sign up as a member (FREE) to participate in RCA programs.
How does your gift help?
Your donation directly funds our citizen science, education and conservation programs. Our top priorities for 2017 include:
- Launching a Queensland-wide Ambassador program to inspire more reef champions
- Enhancing our capacity building programs through online training and volunteering systems to boost our on-ground activities
- Ongoing reef health surveys at priority monitoring locations
- New partnerships for increased community engagement in reef health monitoring activities
Notable achievements for 2016
- Teamed up with UQ's UniDive to sucessfully declare Moreton Bay as a Mission Blue Hope Spot
- Joined more than 2,500 coral reef scientists at the International Coral Reef Symposium held in Hawaii to present in the citizen science session
- Surveyed reefs along the coast of Queensland during the global coral bleaching event, from the Gold Coast's Kirra Reef all the way north to tropical reefs off Port Douglas.
- Launched the Reef-Minded blog featuring a range of writers delving into all things reef!
- Worked with The University of Queensland's Remote Sensing Research Centre to create a revised reef habitat map for Moreton Bay.
Our reefs are in trouble. The good news is that reefs are resilient and if we endeavour to reduce our impacts, then they can recover.
- We help people help reefs. We train and support community members to monitor, understand and care for reefs and oceans.
- We arm people with information. Aware and educated community members will, individually and collectively, reduce our impacts on the marine environment.
- We coordinate robust citizen science. Volunteer reef health monitoring can provide quality data to complement formal research programs, fill gaps, build local knowledge and engage the community.
- We partner for action. We collaborate with other organisations on projects with practical on-ground marine outcomes.
Our organisation is upported through a small team of part-time staff, a huge number of volunteers. Your donation can help to support on-ground volunteer activities and make our positive impacts bigger and better. We believe that there is hope for our reefs if we work together to take action through meaningful volunteer research, community education and grassroots conservation efforts.
We are committed to ethical and professional fundraising practices that benefit people and the planet.
We value our volunteer members, corporate partners, and individual donors - big and small.
We honour the time, trust and contributions by all those helping make marine life count!
Promise to our donors:
- We will ensure that donated funds are used as intended by the donor.
- We will keep your information confidential, unless you wish acknowledgement and recognition for donations.
- We will not share or sell your information to any third party.
- You can access Reef Check annual financial statements and other documents on the website or by request.
- You have the right to ask questions of Reef Cheek Australia and to expect prompt, truthful, and complete answers in an easy-to-understand manner.
- You have the right to know who our Staff and Board Members are, and to expect that they act with the greatest transparency, integrity and discernment in implementing Reef Cheek's mission for the best interests of the community.
Reef Check Australia (Reef Check Foundation Ltd) is a registered Environmental Organisation and Australian Charity with tax deductible gift recipient status. ABN: 46 108 200 933
More than money
Want to help but not sure about handing over your hard-earned cash? Time is money too. Volunteers are the core of our organisation and we're always appreciative of your valuable skills and efforts! Find out about how you can help.
Reef Check finances
Please contact us for audited financial statements.